Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

Food In My Culture: Tyler

Food in my Culture

I am from Niue. One of the major celebrations we have is Christmas because, it’s a time to have fun and to enjoy ourselves. One way we can celebrate this is through eating yummy food.

We eat Takihi and we have it with Patako. My Nana prepares the Takihi, and then she cooks it. My mum brings the lu. Now that it’s ready it can be served with fish, lamb and corned-beef but only if we can eat now.

For the desert we eat watermelon and ice cream. An alternative for the watermelon can be pineapple. We usually serve it with french vanilla or hokey pokey, but my favorite is chocolate flavoured ice-cream.

Now its time for the stockings. In my stocking I have lollies and chocolate. I always get the most amount of it, because I take my brothers. The thing I look forward to most is eating the chocolate.

In Niuean Christmas we enjoy eating. It doesn’t matter if it looks yucky, because after all, it's all about the taste and not the looks. I like Christmas the most because I see all my family there.

Tyler



No comments:

Post a Comment